Tuesday 6 May 2014

Stuck in treatments all day

Decompression treatment.  One belt around the hips, one around the rip cage, and they pull apart!  Sounds fun right?  It's actually not so bad.  I've got these 2x a day for the whole week, it's definitely helping so far.  My back isn't quite as stiff, and my leg's don't ache anymore.  I'm hoping to be able to do some very light exercise by the end of the week. So that was my afternoon, this was my morning:



Iron infusion.  My intestines are so far gone I'm not absorbing iron anymore, even with supplementation, juicing, etc.  It's more effective to get it through IV for me, so I've been going once a week.  Today was my 3rd of 4 infusions.  If my levels get back up to normal it should definitely help my energy.  The treatments are lengthy, sometimes up to 4 hours.  I usually nap, but today I had my friend Britt come for a visit and bring me lunch haha.  The hospital sandwiches aren't exactly top notch, even if I ate gluten.  My nurse was also my friend's mom so I had a good morning catching up with nice people. 

So even though I've been hooked up to machines all day, I've had a pretty good day.  My energy is coming back, as well as my appetite, and I'm not in quite as much pain.  Anyways that's all I feel like blogging for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment