Wednesday 20 August 2014

Some blogs/pages I reccomend

I thought I'd do a post just to share some of my favorite sites for health and fitness info that I have found personally helpful.

Luke Durward:

Luke is an old pole vaulting rival of mine and a real smart guy!  Earlier this year I had noticed him developing his coaching business online, and reading some of his posts made me realize that accountability was what I was lacking in my pursuit of health.  This inspired me to start my first blog, the 30-ish day challenge which really made a difference in my life and sort of started this whole mission to cure myself without surgery.  Luke has a great website that I would reccomend to anyone, and even has his own Ted talk!  He's kind of a big deal....check it out:


Also check out his website at http://lukedurward.com/

Shannon Richards/Infinite Zenergy:

Shannon is a health coaching friend of mine.  We met through the gym I work at, Freedom Functional Fitness.  When I learned that she suffers with ulcerative colitis and found her own way to health the natural way, I was compelled to connect with here.  Shannon and I are a couple of food nerds, and love bouncing ideas off of eachother.  She is a creative genius in the kitchen!  All of her recipes are crazy healthy and delicious.  Shannon helped me realize the power and importance of journaling, and has been a great support through this all.

You can find her website at http://infinitezenergy.org/blog/  and check out her facebook page as well
https://www.facebook.com/infinitezenergy?ref=br_tf   .

Precision Nutrition:
I like this page because it has research and evidence-based information, translated into language that we can all understand.  I usually just skim the blog for stuff that jumps out at me. Follow them on Facebook or Twitter, there is a wealth of resources on their actual web page as well. 

The Bulletproof Executive:
This is the website of the guy who started the butter coffee trend.  The coffee thing is definitely his hook, but there is a lot more to what he calls the "bulletproof" lifestyle.  I linked the page that has information on the Bulletproof diet.  What I find interesting is that his motivation for finding the optimal diet wasn't for body composition, athletics, or even to cure a disease, but for optimal brain performance as a CEO.  After spending thousands and doing a TON of research over many years, what he came up with resembles the paleo diet, but with some interesting tweaks.  The podcasts are my favorite, he gets some awesome guests with very informative content. 


There are lots of other sites I frequent but these are my favorites and that's all the writing I feel up to for now.  This was mostly about diet, next will be my favorite exercise/training pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment