Friday 27 June 2014

Bloodwork/Stuck at Iron

Well as predicted, blood results are pretty bad.  Lots of stuff is too high or too low.  Bummer about the iron is although its so low, I can't get any more infusions after today because my ferritin is extremely high.  Can't seem to win here.

 I always blame my dysfunctional gut for not absorbing iron, and I do lose a lot of blood through bowel movements some days, but I have definitely been slacking on getting enough dietary iron.  My levels were always better (not good, but better) when I was juicing regularly.  I still have salads and red meat every once and a while, but I don't do well with solids right now and juicing greens is vastly more potent and absorb-able.  Like I said in the last blog, this is a bit of a wake up call to get my ass back on track. 

I got to the hospital at 8:45, but the pharmacy didnt get my iron made up until 10:30.  Once they get it hooked up its a 3 hour infusion.  So boring!  I try to sleep if I can, but its crazy busy in here today with IV's beeping like crazy.  I've got friends visiting today though.

Anyways here are the lab results.  Good news is my vitamin D mega-dosing is working!  50 000 IU's twice a week and nowhere near toxicity!


No comments:

Post a Comment