Wednesday 2 July 2014

Still Burnt.

I'm getting tired of being tired.  Bored of being tired.  There are 100 things I can and should be doing to feel better right now but I'm seriously lacking motivation these days.  I'm so tired and weak that I don't even want to cook for myself anymore, and things like taking the garbage out just seem like massive tasks.  I know I'm not myself because I really just want to lie around and watch TV all day.  Usually if I'm burning through seasons of a show its because I'm physically unable to go out and do stuff, but right now I literally just want to lie around and watch TV.  Nothing interests me and it sucks!

Lauren and I went home and had the acreage to ourselves for the past weekend. I ate like crap, but I went out there to de-stress, not to work on my diet.  I splurged on a bunch of ice cream and ate way too much baking but at least got it out of my system I think. It rained basically the whole time, which is totally fine because all I did was sleep.  I was definitely wound up from weeks previous because I basically passed out the entire time we were there.  Maybe I'm still catching up on sleep debt?  Despite the weekend like I said I am still exhausted all the time. 

My foot/ankle/achilles pain was bad over the weekend as well.  For a couple of days my feet were just throbbing and burning hot.  Ice and elevation definitely helps with the size, but not really the mobility or the pain.  Other than that there isn't much I can do because its just a result of the systemic inflammation I'm already dealing with.

Finances are still a frustrating struggle.  I've already had to give shifts away this week because either my ankles are in too much pain or I'm too fatigued to be on my feet coaching.  Frustration isn't a strong enough word to describe how it feels to constantly bail on shifts you were just asking for because your broke.  If I could just afford the treatments and supplements I needed, I would have the energy and the mobility to work again.  One week I'm asking my boss for more shifts because I can't pay my bills, then the next week I'm getting rid of all them on short notice trying to explain to staff members that I am sick.  All while I look perfectly normal and they start to think I'm full of shit.  Maybe I'm just paranoid, I tend to be, but I just hate how nobody ever truly gets it. 

On a positive note, the weather finally improved!  I forced myself to go out and get some sun on the lawn today.  Its supposed to be nice all week so I'm going to take advantage of that.

Lauren had plenty of friends to keep her occupied when I slept all weekend:

Speaking of which, free kittens available!

No comments:

Post a Comment