Wednesday 23 July 2014

Good news!

As of last Friday my CRP is down to 56!! That's the marker used to measure systemic inflammation.  Normal safe range is 0-3, so I'm clearly still in trouble, but what amazes me is that I cut it in half in just 3 weeks!  My previous test was 101.  Since then my stress level has dropped tremendously, and I have been able to afford my extensive supplement regimen again.  Sure enough, I'm feeling better already.  I knew these were major factors that contribute to how I feel, but again what surprised me is how fast this is happening.  If I just cut my inflammation in half in 3 weeks, what will the next month bring?  I'm feeling very motivated, the future is looking exciting again!

Speaking of the future, still no word from Dr. Louie in Calgary.  Everyone has been asking me when treatment will start, and I simply do not know yet.  It's frustrating but communication is just impossible with the medical system.  For all I know right now I could start treatment next week, or at Christmas.  Will keep you all updated for sure though. 

Numbers aside (they aren't the be all end all) , I really am feeling better these days.  Not having to worry about working during these times has dropped my stress so much I feel like a different person already.  I'm still in a lot of pain but I'm continuing to sleep better, eating more, and even getting in the odd bike ride! 

I've spent a few more days at home which is always nice, especially when the weather is so great!


2 comments:

  1. Is the inflammation marker test done at an alternative health practitioner, or is this something a regular physician can do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just just ordered on a regular blood requisition from my family Doctor.

    ReplyDelete